Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gadsby meeting

I've met with Gadsby, and after a few minutes going over my resume and building different resumes and cover letters for different jobs we discussed possible job options, including my "dream job".

If possible, I'd love to work for Wizards of the Coast, a gaming company subsidiary of Hasbro that is responsible for maintaining Dungeons and Dragons, Magic the Gathering, Duel Masters, Axis&Allies, and Heroscape. To do this she suggested I try to aim for the gaming industry as a whole for a career option. We discussed the artist's role as a freelance image producer in such companies and how the real creative forces at such companies are designers. This has prompted me to 1)start learning how to use illustrator and Indesign and 2) create pieces for my portfolio/demo-reel that highlight my skills as a designer, both in the visual and creative process. While I will continue to pursue a job in animation I will also start looking into creative design jobs including web design as I have found I enjoy the creative process of web design.

No comments:

Post a Comment