Thursday, April 21, 2011

STAR Questions & Responses

Describe a time when you were a team leader. Who did the team consist of, and what did you do to help your team be
successful?

Durring the digital Cinema course I took there was a project where I was teamed up three other classmates. Due to no one really having a driving force to the group, I took over and helped lead the group while considering each member's opinion and adapting our project so that everyone's ideas were incorporated. After we had our idea made I helped refine the script we came up with to where it was completely understandable and easy to follow. When it came time to shoot the project I helped direct what shots were taken and where each shot was.




Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to see your point of view. What tactics did you use? What were the outcomes? What did you learn?

On numerous occasions I've had to talk to other anime fans and we would discuss the certain merits of different series including the ideas, themes, and narrative within the series. During these discussions I normally try and point out traits, ideas, and other things that are not very noticeable and have fairly long discussion about the series, while I used logic and understandable terminology to get my point across. Normally by the end of my conversations the person I was talking to understood what I was talking about and thanked me for telling him about it. One such time was when I hosted a panel at an anime convention and discussed a particular anime franchise. I had people asking me questions about the series as well as people who were just as knowledgeable as me about it and I simply talked to them in a calm, rational fashion while respecting them and their opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment